simple is beautiful
Sydney Daily Photo: Why don't you just say what you mean?
2 ... 2 ...

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Why don't you just say what you mean?


Update on the APEC fence and the Police State (see entry from 31 August): today German tourists in Sydney were forced by police to destroy their pictures. I can't believe this is the society I live in.

I am waiting for the knock on the door telling me to delete my blog entry, and if it comes, my response will be similar to that seen on the sign here. So, if you don;t see me for a few days....
From the Daily Telegraph:
"REQUIRING tourists to delete happy snaps of Sydney's APEC security fence may be "over the top" but it is necessary, NSW Transport Minister John Watkins said.
He was responding today to news reports that three German tourists were asked by police to delete digital photographs of the newly built fence, which stretches five kilometres through Sydney's CBD.
He said the move was part of the efforts to ensure there was no breach during the major protests expected later this week.
"There is some concern amongst police that some of those protesters who are coming ... will look for weak points in the fence," Mr Watkins told Southern Cross Broadcasting.
"And that one of the things they are doing is a recce of the fence to find where they can attack it.
"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL