simple is beautiful
Sydney Daily Photo: "Illegal" photo
2 ... 2 ...

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

"Illegal" photo

Oh, how we suffer for our art! These chairs caused me to be tapped on the shoulder by security and told to put my camera away.

They are a very ordinary setting in the lobby of an office building in the city (The Gateway at Circular Quay). I thought they looked pretty snazzy and lined up a shot. Just as I was about to press the button some beefy bloke in a security uniform informed me that is is "forbidden" to take photos in the foyer of a building thousands of people pass through every day. "Why?". Silence. I don't think they were protecting the design from copyright, just more mad overkill in "these security conscious times".

I heard a bloke on radio yesterday sayign some goon had stopped him taking photos from the walkway of the Harbour Bridge - a perfectly legal activity, undertaken by thousands of tourists every day!

I pressed the button, said "See the bomb didn't go off" and went on my way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL