simple is beautiful
Sydney Daily Photo: Sydney DP's 2nd birthday
2 ... 2 ...

Friday, April 18, 2008

Sydney DP's 2nd birthday


In the past year I learned how to use Picasa to make a collage.
When deciding how to illustrate a 2nd birthday I looked back at the photos I have posted in the past year, looking for my favourites - not necessarily the BEST, but my personal favourites.

In doing so I realised that my favourite photos are those which speak something of who we Sydney-siders (and in a couple of instances non-Sydney-siders) ARE. What do we do? How do we live? What do our faces and actions tell us? So, I give you 16 photos of people doing things, that somehow seem characteristic of US in all our diversity.

Thankyou to EVERYONE who has spent their time coming and looking at my snaps, reading my rants and leaving comments and generally engaging in this wonderful global community made possible through technology. I hope to be still going strong same time next year.

From top left to bottom right (click on each title below to see the original post):

Bronzed Aussie - 2 May 2007. Surveying the surf at Cronulla
Trusting Cyclist - 27 May 2007 - cyclist on way to work, Surry Hills
BYO Nargile - 16 July 2007 - family picnic at Garrison Point
Carp catching at Birrong - 28 June 2007 - clearing waterways of pest fish
On yer bike, Glebe - 16 Aug 2007 - youthful exuberance
Belly dancer - 27 Aug 2007 - Surry Hills
Recycling audit - 20 Sep 2007 - becoming more educated about recycling
Guest Workers in Australia - 28 Sep 2007 - protest about unfairness
Community Shed, Deloraine - 6 Nov 2007 - meeting Brian
Wading through cement - 28 Nov 2007 - remaking the footpath
Amy and Christina get ready for Christmas - 7 Dec 2007
Reading in the bookshop - 28 Dec 2007 - an activity close to my heart!
Washing the catch, Mossy Point - 10 Jan 2008 - SDP on holiday on the south coast
Straya Day, Carss Park - 26 Jan 2008 - youthful new Australian citizens, and Aboriginal dancers representing ancient culture
Lots of fun - 29 Jan 2008 - what would my collage be without some swimming!

Please indulge me - I am going to have a 2 day birthday party, and do another collage tomorrow. Please do return if you have time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL