simple is beautiful
Sydney Daily Photo: Once upon a time in Avignon...
2 ... 2 ...

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Once upon a time in Avignon...





No, not Sydney. I haven't had the chance to go out and take photos yet. Since returning I have been sleeping, and washing and drying clothes and trying to keep warm and dry, because it's turned cold and rainy.

Everywhere we went in Europe people said "You've brought the sun with you!", because every single place we arrived in it had been raining and then cleared to warm sunshine as soon as we arrived (aahhhhhhhhhh, sweet). You can see the threatening sky in the second photo, but it bypassed us in favour of bright, warmth and sun.

I have no intention of posting all my travel photos on this site, which is after all Sydney Daily Photo! Never fear though...I will post a link to wherever they do end up :-) However in catching up with bloggy friends, I couldn't help post these. And there is a Sydney link.

I first met stupendous photographer Nathalie of Avignon In Photos when she was living in and blogging from Sydney. And when we arrived in her re-found home town, she took us into the fields to pick cherries - bags and bags of them. (Right before she took the photo of Ben and me and the cokes). We lived on cherries for days, and then Nathalie's friend Françoise gave us more!

The apricots were just starting to ripen. But, lo! what did I see when working my way back through Avignon In Photos? Nathalie's talent has been recognised, and she's turned wedding photographer! And I recognised those apricots!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL