simple is beautiful
Sydney Daily Photo: Nexus (Sculpture By The Sea 18)
2 ... 2 ...

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Nexus (Sculpture By The Sea 18)

It's Skywatch Friday (see below) and it's my birthday, so I'm showing my favourite entry in Sculpture By The Sea this year.

Nexus is by Alex Kosmas. This is a beautifully delicate work in the most exquisite shade of green (I've included one pic below where the colour of this work in bronze shows up against the sandstone). It just made my heart sing, and on both occasions I was there I was so pleased I went at dawn (one grey, one colourful) because I could spend ages alone with it.

The artist says: " The fast paced world forgets its connection to nature. 'Nexus' represents our lifeboat." If I had $50 000 I would buy it, but then I think I'd need another few million to build a house around it!







To view all my 2008 Sculpture By The Sea posts CLICK HERE.

To view other skies around the world, CLICK HERE.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL