simple is beautiful
Sydney Daily Photo: Sculpture By The Sea - "lemon tree"
2 ... 2 ...

Friday, November 16, 2007

Sculpture By The Sea - "lemon tree"

Lots of school children were visiting the sculptures when I was there. Itwas great to se lots of young people engaging with the art. The orgaisers even published a children's activity book based around the exhibits.

Artist Irene Hoppenberg of Germany said about her work: " Yellow represents light. For me the lemons are a symbol of the southern countries and the sun."

For me, this work combines two icons of the Aussie suburban backyard - the Hills Hoist rotary clothes line and the lemon tree.

By the way, I am in love with the house high on the hill overlooking Tamarama Beach. It strikes me as somethign Jilly in Menton might post!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL